CERTIFICATE OF SURVEY FOR TONNAGE AND MEASUREMENT
YBDSA has been approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and other authorities to provide Surveys for Tonnage and Measurement.
Nick Healey is authorised by the YBDSA to undertake these surveys; resulting in a Certificate of Survey for Tonnage and Measurement which is sent to the Registry of your choice and is one of the documents you need to register your vessel on Part 1 of the UK Ships Register.
Registration on Part 1 of the UK Ship Register entitles you to the following benefits:
- Evidence you own the boat
- Shows your boat’s nationality
- Use the boat as security for a marine mortgage
- Entitles you to protection from the Royal Navy and the services of British Consuls
- Provides internationally accepted documentation to ease passage to foreign ports
- Can enhance the re-sale of your vessel
- Provides evidence of date of build for the EU Recreational Craft Directive (RCD)
- Ensures that your boat’s name is unique on Part 1
Choose which Ship Registry you wish to use, then do one of the following:
- Fill out SUR6A – Application for Tonnage Measurement form from the Downloads section below and use either an electronic signature or print and sign. Then email this form back to the YBDSA. Please remember to put Nick Healey in the relevant box.
- Or if you would like us to quote for the survey, request a free quotation for a Survey for Tonnage and Measurement and the YBDSA will contact you.
If you intend to use the boat for commercial purposes (for example, charter); it is important to tell us as the Registry will also require a copy of the Coding certificate.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
After the measurement has taken place, Nick Healey will send the Survey for Tonnage and Measurement documentation to the YBDSA for checking and counter-signing.
Once they have received payment, the Certificate of Survey for Tonnage and Measurement will be sent to your chosen registry, where it will be put together with the application documentation you have sent directly to them.
Following submission of your other documentation to your chosen registry, they will contact you directly regarding your registration progress.